For the CTP platemaking workshop, we need to make up the "short board"
The application of CTP equipment does bring infinite convenience to the platemaking shop, and it also brings a qualitative leap in printing quality and production efficiency. However, the machine is also sick and strikes like the human. If the CTP equipment is used as an equipment that will never wear out. It is a big mistake.
This article will point out the short boards that exist in the CTP platemaking workshop to help everyone use CTP equipment more efficiently.
Short Board One: Purchase Plan
Today's CTP equipment has a wide range of variations in quality. When you consider the introduction of CTP, you must not blindly price low as your primary choice, but should be compatible with the prepress process, the upgradeability of the hardware configuration, and the Reliability and good training and after-sales service are metrics, because it is also worthwhile if you can purchase a worry-free device at a slightly higher price.
Short board two: hardware installation
Hardware installation is the most important step after the printing plant introduces CTP equipment, but it is often overlooked by engineers and printers.
(1) The improper selection of the power supply line or air-conditioning switch, the heat of the wire is burned out.
(2) The UPS uninterruptible power supply is insufficient and cannot be enabled when the power is turned off.
(3) Insufficient installation of air compressors and air dryers, and insufficient drainage.
(4) The gap around the CTP equipment is too small, the foot is not flat, and the machine shakes when working.
(5) The developing machine is not adjusted according to the standard, and the pressure of the rubber roller and the brush has no parameters, the unevenness of the printing plate after the development, and the scratches.
(6) Improper adjustment of the physical positions of hardware fixtures and laser heads has led to the emergence of different types of print failures.
Short Board 3: Process Installation and Application
In some process installation manuals, the version of the system and the corresponding patches are clearly defined. If you do not install directly as required, you may cause the following problems.
(1) The process cannot identify the hard disk in the system and cannot read the data.
(2) The printer or the output connection failed and it was not possible to transfer the file to the CTP device at all.
(3) The corresponding color separation file or 1-bit TIFF file cannot be generated.
(4) Failed to import working files. No specified work route was found.
(5) File exposure to CTP failed.
(6) It is unable to connect to the network and can only work in stand-alone mode, which reduces work efficiency.
(7) Incorrect antivirus software settings caused the system to crash.
(8) The process software cannot be started at all or is interrupted immediately after startup.
Short board four: with the printing press
As a CIP3 process that has a direct bearing on printing, there are great benefits for a co-printer, but the premise is that you must adjust the printer and select the corresponding consumables, otherwise the effect will be greatly reduced. There are several types of short boards that are compatible with the printing press.
(1) The printing settings in the process (such as imposition settings, etc.) need to meet the normal printing requirements.
(2) Adjustment of print-related dot gain curves.
(3) The setting of the development parameters should take into account the plate factor.
(4) Set the appropriate PDF file conversion format. Different printers have slightly different format requirements for CIP3 files.
(5) The settings of the high network cable or the FM network require that the final output result should be carefully adjusted by prepress and CTP hardware.
(6) Consistency of digital samples, blue papers, and final prints.
Short board five: maintenance of the whole process system
When over-use equipment problems and then go to repair, the fault is often much larger than the previous small problems, maintenance of the short board mainly in the following areas.
(1) Maintenance is not carried out in accordance with the standard cycle. Oil and dust directly cause the machine to malfunction.
(2) The corresponding consumables were not replaced as required, resulting in clogged pipes and water in the laser head, resulting in heavy losses.
(3) Improper maintenance method or improper material selection will cause the machine to fail to start. For example, a user in the north caused cold filter failure and ice in the pipeline in winter, resulting in abnormal gas supply and failure in starting the machine.
(4) The machine parameters and the corresponding firmware have not been set according to the corresponding maintenance standards, and the upgrade of the PC connected to the CTP has failed.
(5) The process software version is too low, resulting in the incompatibility with the current design software, lack of graphs, fewer characters, and the inability to publish special transparent layers.
(6) The machine has a minor problem and does not use the correct method to deal with it, so that the small problem will slowly become an irreparable problem.
(7) When the server memory or hard disk fails, the F1 or F2 key needs to be pressed, and it will not be processed in time, resulting in a very slow system.
(8) Improper hardware installation causes parts, motors, and drivers to be subject to high current or stop current. Parts that have a long service life should be greatly shortened due to improper installation.
Short Board VI: Workshop Environmental Control
(1) In order to ensure the highest quality output, the entire CTP system must be placed in a clean prepress area. If it must be installed in the printing room, the area needs to be a closed workshop. The operating environment is: temperature 17 to 30°C, working temperature 20±2°C; humidity 20%～70%, working humidity 50±10%.
(2) The floor must be level, do not have strong vibration. If there are heavy locomotives next to the machine, it may cause floor vibration. Since the floor level error must not exceed 6.35 mm, in the case of slightly uneven floors, it is necessary to adjust the four feet of the equipment so that the CTP is at an optimal level.
(3) The main power supply of the output device and the main power supply of the dust collection device workstation must use the same AC power supply. If necessary, add the UPS device to ensure that the ground voltage of all branch circuits is the same. CTP's power supply voltage fluctuation range is 6% to 10%. If it is out of range, it needs to increase the voltage regulator power supply and install an independent and stable dual air switch.
(4) The total power of the device is approximately 2600W, 600W in standby mode, and 1100W in imaging. The whole machine consumes little power, so don't turn it on and off frequently.
(5) CTP equipment needs a clean, dry, oil-free, dust-free air source with a pressure of 690 psi, a maximum particle diameter of 15 microns, an impurity concentration of 8 mg/m3, and a maximum oil content of 5 mg/m3. Air temperature should not be Above 52 degrees Celsius (actual requirements below this value), air coolers are required in the pipeline.
(6) The device itself does not have a rat-proof setting, and many printing plant equipment malfunctions are caused by rat bite lines and excretions falling onto the circuit board. Therefore, preventing rats is also an important aspect of keeping the workshop environment.
(7) Plates are divided into unexposed plates and exposed plates. Unopened plates are required to be stored according to the requirements of the plate supplier. The exposed plates can be stored on the CTP in the case of protective plastics. The workshop should not be stacked randomly.
Short Board Seven: CTP Application Training
Training should be the most important task after the introduction of the CTP system. CTP training can be conducted from the following aspects.
(1) Enough prepress knowledge. Operators need to have a basic understanding of prepress graphics, basic printing principles, and output separation principles.
(2) Application of process software. The operator needs to fully grasp the CTP setting method, CTP function, and the function of each function module, rather than mechanically memorizing each operation step.
(3) Plate material knowledge. Although the plate is a third-party product, the operator should also have a certain understanding of the properties and basic structure of the plate.
(4) CTP hardware operation and maintenance. The electrical machinery structure of the equipment must be trained in place. Once the CTP equipment fails, the operator must be able to clearly describe the fault phenomenon and even guess the cause of the fault.
(5) The quality of the operator. The attitude of the operators to the CTP and its implementation of relevant rules directly affect the operation of the CTP.
We are a big printing company in China Shenzhen. We offer all book publications, color advertising pictures, hardcover album, packaging box, calendars, all kinds of PVC, product brochures, notes, Children's book, stickers, all kinds of special paper color printing products, game cardand so on.
For more information please visit
http://www.joyful-printing.com. ENG only